The Smart and Small Thermal Systems (S2TS) laboratory provides many facilities, including:
- State-of-the-art measurement and data analysis hardware and software.
- Experimental loops for measurement of single-phase and phase-change flow and heat transfer characteristics of liquids, gases and multiphase flows.
- Laboratory-grade high voltage and conventional power gear
- State-of-the-art equipment for flow visualization
- Clean room and micro-fabrication tool
- Chemical fume hoods and glove box
- Various commercial engineering software
- 6Sigma, ANSYS, COMSOL Multiphysics, EES, Energy Plus, eQUEST, Fluent, IcePack, LabView, MATLAB, Pro-E, Solidworks.